Wednesday, February 15, 2012

The Fun of Furnishing

You might not believe me, but I'm telling the truth when I say that we just don't have enough furniture.  After spending a lot, and I mean a lot, of time surfing the internet for just the right stuff, I chose two sofa chairs that fit together in the bay window area like an armless loveseat and a kitchen table/cart thingy that folds into itself with more gusto than a transformer.  My goal was to buy the practical things we'd need while using up minimal space, but I exceeded my expectations...
So after constructing that table and chairs (none came assembled) I cleaned up the house to take a few pictures.  That's when I realized how empty the house feels.  After working around piles of wood, boxed appliances, and a hodgepodge of tools for months on end it's odd to just... walk around.  I don't have to constantly shift things to work or step over piles.  Honestly, it feels big.  I know you don't believe me, but Steve agrees, and he hardly ever lies.
So I took a bunch of pretty pictures below.  And in case you already forgot, I assembled the furniture.  (By myself)  We've owned alot of IKEA furniture in the past and usually I either get frustrated putting it together or mess it up, in both cases Steve takes over.  But not this time.  After building an entire house, putting together some furniture didn't seem so difficult, and I really enjoy finishing a project on my own, collecting the accomplishments like a magpie.





I can't wait until the house is finished just so I can shred these pants.  There are more holes you can't even see in this picture, and you don't even want to know where they are located.







See, it's big.  We already got rid of most of our stuff, so I'm not sure how we're going to make it feel less... echo-y.  I suppose this isn't the worst problem one could have.


5 comments:

Ella said...

Your house looks just lovely! I can't wait til mine is at this stage :) Congratulations on all the work!

Ella said...

By the way, I love your flooring :)
*Ella at www.littleyellowdoor.wordpress.com

Anonymous said...

what is the next thing to do? haven't heard anything out of you in a few months, so I just wanted to check in and see where you are on the "grand plan"? And when you are doing an open (tiny) house? lol

JennaSpesard said...

Love that small couch. Where did you get it? Building our own tiny house now and researching tiny furniture :)

Halley Evans said...

We ordered it from homereserve.com
Hope you find what you are looking for!